Services » Day Services
To quote Members:
“We come here to survive!” “We come here to live!”
ABI Adult Day ServicesPeterborough - 5 days/week; City of Kawartha Lakes - 1 day/week
BIAPR Day Services offers a supportive and creative environment where people with Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) are able to engage in meaningful activities based on their individual strengths and interests. Members are encouraged to participate in desired activities, as well as explore and develop new and diverse skills. Services are designed to enhance Members’ recovery and further their community involvement. These services are based on the following:
- Members are encouraged to define their interests and are full participants in shaping the activities offered on the monthly activity calendar.
- Flexibility is based on who attends, and the interaction and engagement of staff and members together.
- Our Recreation Therapist is able to provide members with individualized support and modified programming to ensure positive outcomes.
- As members become more independent, they have the opportunity to become role models for other Day Service Members and/or a Peer Mentor.
- The Day Service is enhanced by students and volunteers that help to facilitate a creative learning environment.
- Staff are trained to ensure that best practices are followed, based on current strategies and research in ABI, Person-Centred Care, and Value-Based Facilitation - including the OBIA sanctioned Neurorehabilitation Course, Level 1; Brain Basics; U-FIRST; Choices and Changes; and a variety of other training to enhance member support.