The volunteer opportunities for the Brain Injury Association Peterborough Region (BIAPR) include the four counties of Peterborough, City of Kawartha Lakes, Haliburton and Northumberland.
A training program has been developed with policies and procedures and hands-on learning opportunities matched with the most appropriate activity for the volunteer and the position.
- Make a difference in someone’s life
- Meet new people
- Gain valuable work experience
- Learn or develop new skills
- Make use of talents
- Develop greater knowledge of acquired brain injury and understanding of community resources
- Help solve community issues
- Secure job references
- Explore career opportunities
- Personal satisfaction of making a difference in your community
On-Going Volunteer Opportunities:
- Provide companionship to adults. General conversations, reading, playing cards or games or pool, assist with writing letters, and other activities.
- Offer assistance to adults and staff within a social recreation program, facilitating games, groups, art projects, meal preparation and clean-ups, etc.
- Provide office support, assisting with filing, copying, data entry, answering telephones, mailings, and other general office duties.
With the growing requests for our services, our need for volunteers grows as well. Our volunteers are our greatest resource and we would be most grateful if you kept us in mind should you, your friends, or your family have an interest in volunteering.
To apply for volunteering contact firstname.lastname@example.org please put Volunteer in Subject line.